Looking for ways to use the arts in HIV peer education?
You have come to the right place! The following videos were created by any amazing team of Empower youth participants to inspire other youth to take action in their own communities. Ideas can be adopted and changed where needed. These videos were collectively visioned, scripted, and filmed by the group. We are thankful for the support of an amazing group of community artists who helped us move our visions into reality: Hisayo Horie; Mahlikah Awer:i, Dainty Smith and Rosa Mindreau. Warning: These videos are pretty fabulous. Click the link and check them out! Please feel free to share to other youth, friends, partners, colleagues, and family members.
Video Titles Include:
- Performing OUT sex positivity with Drag and Burlesque
- Using Spoken Word in HIV Prevention Workshops: Poetry as Expression
- What’s Cookin’?: How to Facilitate HIV, Sexual Health or Harm Reduction Workshops for Youth.
- Behind the Scenes: Empower Youth Interviews
- Behind the Scenes: Community Artist Videos
For questions or to arrange a screening, please contact Sarah Switzer, Empower Project Coordinator at Central Toronto Community Health Centers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 416 703 8482 ext 143.